Re: Ultimate Power #1 Discussion (Spoilers)

land is a untalented hack. want proof? Ultimate power #1 page 3 second pannel (Ben grim ) -> page 4 first panel (ben grim) seems familiar?

i swear to god i could find that very same face AT LEAST 40 times in the entire UFF series.

more proof? turn to page 14 panel 3: thats not ultimate reed! thats harrison ford.

greg land cant draw ****. he just traces famous ppl! i hate him! dont buy this book!!!!:furious: :arrgh: :furious:

But...didn't you buy the book to find those mistakes?

land is a untalented hack. want proof? Ultimate power #1 page 3 second pannel (Ben grim ) -> page 4 first panel (ben grim) seems familiar?

i swear to god i could find that very same face AT LEAST 40 times in the entire UFF series.

more proof? turn to page 14 panel 3: thats not ultimate reed! thats harrison ford.

greg land cant draw ****. he just traces famous ppl! i hate him! dont buy this book!!!!:furious: :arrgh: :furious:

...It's not just Land that make famous people faces. I mean Alex Ross uses models for his arts.
Nick Fury = Samuel L. Jackson?
I realy like Land, his art is awesome no matter what who he uses as reference to draw someone.

Also, BURN. (from Houde)

Last edited:

Pretty sure he bought the book hopeing the story would be good. It's not a fan's fault if a hack artist is attatched to a sought after story. No Burn.

I wasn't trying to burn

I was simply pointing out a point.

This guy obviously has a hard on for making fun of Greg Land, so he knew what to expect when he bought the book.

I wasn't trying to burn

I was simply pointing out a point.

This guy obviously has a hard on for making fun of Greg Land, so he knew what to expect when he bought the book.

I think he's making a valid point about Land. I don't think he has a "hard on" for him. I like Land in most cased but also find his character portrayals very annoying. Bad art shouldn't steer you away from a comic though...

And the burn was more towards Ultimate Quicksilver who announced it.

yeah, i did buy the book, that's part of why im so pissed off. its not worth my money. Also, i didnt check who was drawing before buying. If i had, i wouldent have bought it.

furthermore, yes i do hate Land with a passion. i think he is a worthless hack who just takes movieshots and pictures of famous people and adds textbubbles to them.

yeah, i did buy the book, that's part of why im so pissed off. its not worth my money. Also, i didnt check who was drawing before buying. If i had, i wouldent have bought it.

furthermore, yes i do hate Land with a passion. i think he is a worthless hack who just takes movieshots and pictures of famous people and adds textbubbles to them.

It's great isn't it?

I'm sure we can all agree that Land is still better than Liefield.

Would I rather be stabbed with a fork in the left hand, or the right hand? Hmmmm, let me think.

Obviously the hand you don't use, so Liefield.

Land is a good artist. he's no hitch but his ar t is great and the colors are awesome.

Taste is taste. I like Land's art and obviously robje don't. I'll leave it that way 'cause neither of us will be persuated by the other.
I just hope Bendis don't **** more with the UU. The way he handled the UFF was great, but the other characters were just, horrible Bendisized.

You mean the serpent squad being rambling throwaway villains?

Even if it is safe to assume this, their future is still uncertain at this point. I don't see the point in mentioning the serpent crown at the beginning and then just throwing it away. You know it's just gonna end up being the plot device that brings all the heroes together to overthrow the baddies. giggity..

What are you guys talking about? Don't you know the Serpant Crown will appear again in the upcoming Ultimate Damage Control mini, under the possesion of Nurachi?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back