Re: Ultimate Power #2 Discussion (spoilers and whatnot)

Didn't hate it as much as the last issue. Clearly we know this falls before Ultimates 2. Not much to say about the issue because it was mostly fight capped off with a reveal that we already saw coming.

2.5/5 (midway point) Should read well in trade though.

Didn't hate it as much as the last issue. Clearly we know this falls before Ultimates 2. Not much to say about the issue because it was mostly fight capped off with a reveal that we already saw coming.

For those of us who tradewait, mind telling the reveal?

Last edited:

For those of us who tradewait, mind telling the reveal?

It was basically that the Supreme World was destroyed by Reed Richards who sent those probes off into the different dimensions.

He destroyed their world (by accident of course) and they came to arrest him.

It was basically that the Supreme World was destroyed by Reed Richards who sent those probes off into the different dimensions.

How can one probe destroy an entire world? That seems kind of... strange.

by reveal he could mean The Squadron Supreme revealing that Reed is under arrest for destroying their world.
Ok..I picked it up and this was utter crap. It was nothing but a big brawl. And it most definately must come before Clone Saga/Cable owing the X-Men roster, and Kitty and Spidey's banter. They still sound like they are 16.
But then again, Xavier has beeen fingered to die in UXM, and that could still happen. But Kitty calls in the X-Men, last time I checked, she was going to quit the team, and Cable mentions she had I think.

Last edited by a moderator:

. . .so, this has nothing to do with the original Supreme Power universe.

What the hell?!

. . .so, this has nothing to do with the original Supreme Power universe.

What the hell?!
No, it just means the mini-series will most likely end with the restoration of the Supremeverse, and the return of the SS to their home-world (perhaps with a possibility of the events of the whole series being reversed/forgotten). Meh.

No, it just means the mini-series will most likely end with the restoration of the Supremeverse, and the return of the SS to their home-world (perhaps with a possibility of the events of the whole series being reversed/forgotten). Meh.

If it involves time travel, I think I'll cry.

In fact, I might as well start. :cry:

I actualy liked it(im easily pleased) i liked the interaction with Kitty and peter..and Arcanna was there(my fav Supreme power character)

i loved it i give it a 4/fiv..(sees Doom pick up a shot gun)

...I mean it sucked and i give it a -1/5....jejeje

Screw that mess. This is tradewait for sure.

Why would you buy a trade of something this bad?

Marvel needs to stop this idiotic 3 writers/9 issues crap. It didn't work for the Other, it wont work for Ultimate Power.

I read the issue, and Spider-Man's comment about owing the F4 seems to point to it being post-Clone Saga.

Pluse, in the first issue. Fury said, that the Hulk was still on the loose.

Nope.

Loeb continued hinting that not everyone from each universe will be returning to their respective homes after the mini-series. Loeb also noted that, timeline-wise, Ultimates 3 (with Joe Madureira) will be set before Ultimate Power, and Ultimates 4 (with McGuinness) will be set after Ultimate Power - "For reasons that will be made clear," Loeb said.

Found Here.

I'll look at this in shop, but doubt my opinion from one will change.

Last edited:

My biggest complaint with this issue was that nothing really happened and there weren't even a great fight scene. Unless Bendis has some awesome twist of how Reed destroyed their planet this mini is for crap.

2/5 - For the fact that we got to see the Ultimates(post V2?), the X-Men, the FF, and Spiderman.

Unless I see this thing's trade two years from now, for dirt cheap and feel like reading a joke of a story and have run out of better things to buy...I won't read this.

So I must ask, if this is post U3....what the line-up of the Ultimates? The X-Men?

Of course, the continuity errors thus talked about, I doubt either line up will prove true in the future, especially Kitty being an X-Men. Or Thor staying under Fury and SHIELD's command after Ultimates 2, which unless there's a lot of bargaining, I don't see happening. (He'll appear as a vigilante always in the zero hour, as he promised Cap and Tony in U1).

I wouldn't say that. The mention of the Hulk being on the loose wouldn't make sense (he was imprisoned in the Triskelion from Ultimates #6 through Ultimates 2 #3), nor would Ant-Man/Pym's appearance on the team (unless perhaps its a different person, maybe another of SHIELD's reserve Ultimates got bumped up...Ultimate Scott Lang maybe?

Of course, the Triskelion being fully intact doesn't make much sense either, but its possible it was rebuilt after the invasion.

We'll just have to wait and see if this is explained or cleared up at all...

by reveal he could mean The Squadron Supreme revealing that Reed is under arrest for destroying their world.
Ok..I picked it up and this was utter crap. It was nothing but a big brawl. And it most definately must come before Clone Saga/Cable owing the X-Men roster, and Kitty and Spidey's banter. They still sound like they are 16.
But then again, Xavier has beeen fingered to die in UXM, and that could still happen. But Kitty calls in the X-Men, last time I checked, she was going to quit the team, and Cable mentions she had I think.

Could be. Just remember Bendis is writing these first three issues and he pays about as much attention to continuity as his hair...or lack thereof (I'm a hypocrite, I know).

Most likely, though it was advertised as having lasting consequences (no such thing in comic land, really, but thats what they claim). Supposedly certain Supreme verse characters will be stuck in the Ultimate verse, while some Ultimate characters will be stuck in the Supremeverse. I honestly really doubt that'll hold up, though, given Marvel's previous track record on following through with promises.

I read the issue, and Spider-Man's comment about owing the F4 seems to point to it being post-Clone Saga.

Could be. But then again they've helped him on a few other occasions, way back in the UMTU Super Special, and then vice versa in USM #68-69. Though if I had to guess I'd assume he was referring to the Clone saga as well...maybe this means Peter won't be giving Kitty the boot for MJ after all.

Dude, Fury said a lot of things that didn't make sense.

:arrgh:

Not in that panel. He pretty much summarized the Ultimates previous experiences. It made sense to me. Its just in how it all fits together that doesn't make sense.

Unless I see this thing's trade two years from now, for dirt cheap and feel like reading a joke of a story and have run out of better things to buy...I won't read this.

So I must ask, if this is post U3....what the line-up of the Ultimates? The X-Men?

Of course, the continuity errors thus talked about, I doubt either line up will prove true in the future, especially Kitty being an X-Men. Or Thor staying under Fury and SHIELD's command after Ultimates 2, which unless there's a lot of bargaining, I don't see happening. (He'll appear as a vigilante always in the zero hour, as he promised Cap and Tony in U1).

Agreed. In the end, instead of any type of confirmation on the continuity, it'll be more a case of having to assume its position.

What the hell is up with this issue? Where's the research on continuity? Bendis should stick to writing Powers, Ultimate Spider-Man and New Avengers. Other than that please don't write anything else without researching. My only complain is the writing. Other than that the art is utterly amazing. Greg Land is a god. People should really shut up about his drawing method.

Art is 5/5 stars
Story? is 2/5 stars

Not in that panel. He pretty much summarized the Ultimates previous experiences. It made sense to me. Its just in how it all fits together that doesn't make sense.
Uh...yeah, huh. In that panel, he had said "In the past year alone.." :?

Latest posts

Back