Re: Ultimate Power #1 Discussion (Spoilers)

Even if it is safe to assume this, their future is still uncertain at this point. I don't see the point in mentioning the serpent crown at the beginning and then just throwing it away. You know it's just gonna end up being the plot device that brings all the heroes together to overthrow the baddies. giggity..

It's not past Bendis to just use it as a easter egg moment and totally forget about either serpent squad and the crown completely.

so, Land is moving to DC after Marvels new Original Artwork Policy. poor guy.

maybe ill buy the next title as well to see if he changed his wicked ways.

Source?

Or is this a funny?

I heard that rumor too. But I've found nothing that could prove that its true or not.

I don't count there is any continuity goofs yet. It seems that the first act of Ultimate Power would take place before Ultimates 2, with Triskelion still pretty much whole and Nick Fury only mentioning events up to a still-rampaging Hulk. I'll have to wait and easy how this turns out before screaming continuity errors.

Well, except Reed's age. Which is actually pretty stupid since Bendis was the one you made him 21 before since he wrote the first UFF arc.

Last edited:

MARVEL ORIGINAL ARTWORK POLICY ALL– There's been some confusion regarding the use of copyrighted materials in work submitted to Marvel. Please note that Marvel pays for original artwork, and your work made for hire contract requires you to represent that everything you are doing for Marvel is original. It is appropriate to use photographs or other copyrighted works for inspiration, for example if you need to see what the architecture of New Orleans looks like. However, what you cannot do is copy or take so many elements from a protected work that you effectively copy it. Therefore, NEVER copy a photograph or any artwork you do not own the copyright in or that you re not sure is in the public domain. Photographers own the copyright in their works (or they have assigned the copyright to a publisher, etc.) and they are notoriously protective of their work. The same can be said of any paintings, print, scupture, etc. There is a fine line between HOMAGE and RIP-OFF–make sure you are firmly on the side of using your own creative elements. A simple rule of thumb is to consider whether someone looking at your drawing and the reference material will think that one is derivative of the other. If so, you have gone too far and taken too much. We know you want to bring an incredible sense of realism to the page and want to support you. Please speak with your editors regarding any concerns or questions that you have regarding the use of reference materials. By working together, we can create a work that is both inspired and unique.

I haven't heard anything about Greg Land going to DC though...

Source?

Or is this a funny?

It's a joke, based on this actual memo that Marvel circulated to all creators (source: LITG).

marvel_artpolicy.jpg

well, i havent seen the rumor confirmed anywhere either, but i am curious how Land is going to react now he actually has to draw his comicbooks.

i dont think he's ever done that.

An interesting little thing I noticed was that Nighthawk was with the Squadron. In SS, he's not currently a member and refused an invitation to the team (iirc), so I guess either this is an indication that he's going to join soon or Bendis screwed up (again!).

Didn't Blur ask Nighthwak to join the Squadron Supreme in issue 6?

Just picked up the issue today and ho-ho-hooooooly **** this sucked ***. Nothing really happened, there's more continuity mistakes, and Bendis somehow forgot he made Reed 21? Seriously, what's his deal? The Serpent Squad was a pointless ulitmization. It really didn't serve any purpose whatsoever.

It's way past high-time Bendis left the UU. Really.

Just picked up the issue today and ho-ho-hooooooly **** this sucked ***. Nothing really happened, there's more continuity mistakes, and Bendis somehow forgot he made Reed 21? Seriously, what's his deal? The Serpent Squad was a pointless ulitmization. It really didn't serve any purpose whatsoever.

Yup. Let's get him a gift basket. The card can read -

"Thanks for helping to start the UU. But get out. Now. Before you ruin it.​

Best of luck,
the UC."​

Coming from Ice, that's pretty major. Ice is one of the most apologetic comic fans I've ever talked to (that's not a criticism, by the way, so don't be offended).

In other words, I'm surprised by this post.

But I do agree.

I wish Bendis would stick with his strengths. He's a great writer when he does.

Coming from Ice, that's pretty major. Ice is one of the most apologetic comic fans I've ever talked to (that's not a criticism, by the way, so don't be offended).

In other words, I'm surprised by this post.

But I do agree.

I wish Bendis would stick with his strengths. He's a great writer when he does.
I was surprised myself.

What also pisses me off:

• Bendis throws the line with "Secondary Mutation" as if it's been introduced before. Uh, what the hell? Even if he had written an explanation for it, (which would have made the issue like 64 pages with ads- no thanks) it'd still be stupid. You just don't throw a line like that and expect people to get it, mainly because those who are new to comics won't know what that is. Something like this should have its proper time and place for it.

• Like I had said to S&P on MSN, the Hulk part comment? That part of the line isn't necessarily a continuity problem. The problem is throwing that in alongside with the Galactus invasion and Millar's run all happening within the same year. Yeah, **** that. The invasion was a year before Hulk was even set to be killed! How the hell did all that happen within the same year?

• Mole Men? That's either the first UFF arc or Carey's Annual. Which is it? It doesn't matter. How could either happen the same year as the Galactus invasion as well?!

• I'd like also to find out how Thing gets hurt by stronger objects and blows, but he manages to loose a piece of himself by one of the Serpent Squads. Come on Bendis. Bring on your lame, wanna-be-scientist-but-don't-know-jack-**** explanations. I got $10 he uses the fancy words a lot and not even in the proper ways.

• If I remember correctly, the solicitation said the portal to the Squadron Supreme would be opened by accident. So unless it was opened by Reed throwing a chair, I'd like to see where the accident was.

• Bendis needs to talk to BKV on how to do proper cliffhangers. BKV has the best cliffhangers around and he doesn't need spread pages to do it. The man shocks you enough with a single page. Bingo-bango-bungo. There was nothing shocking about that ending. I mean really, what was he trying to do? Make us "OMG! IT'S THE SQUADRON SUPREME! I DIDN'T SEE THAT COMING, EVEN THOUGH THE SOLICIT GAVE IT AWAY! PRAISE THE ROOF FOR THE MUTHA TRIPPIN' BENDIS, YA'LL! GET OUT THAT W00T TRAIN!". Couldn't Bendis had thought of something better? I mean, the guy has written so many great comics, why is he slipping like this? WHY?!

I need to run into BKV's arm and never let go.

Latest posts

Back