TheManWithoutFear

#1 reason not to join UC
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Uh...

Been there, done that.

1/5

They fight the serpent squad. Ben's feelings are hurt. Reed is frustrated he can't cure Ben. Reed asks SHIELD to donate money to explore dimensions via probes. Fury asks if it's about Ben again and tells him the answer is no (makes references to Extinction, Alien Invasions, Namor, Zombies). Reed sends probes in anyway. The Fantastic Four are being shown action figures of themselves when the Supreme Universe team attacks.

To be continued.

Lame.

Last edited:
Re: Ultimate Power #1 Discussion (Spoilers)

I liked it. The serpent squad is hot. Just goes to show how much of a trouble making bastard little reed is.

I think Reed and Sue doing the vertical hokey-pokey, as Wizard calls it, justifies a buy.

But honestly, it was meh for me. The issue was just typical Bendis, showing set-up in one issue that doesn't go anywhere until the last few pages. Reed feeling guilty for Ben still is getting a big annoying and repetive. At least he was a real rebel about it like what we've been seeing of him, perfectly in character.

It was nice seeing Carol Danvers again, though. She was with Fury at the Trisk.

Hmm... 3/5. I think this will do better later on.

Last edited:

It might get better, but it didn't start off great.

2/5

Who would have thought a crossover fight between the Ultimate Universe and the Supremeverse would suck? Really? There was no predicting THAT. Especially with the crack writing team of Loeb, Bendis, and Straczynscki (sp?).

:roll: Come on guys. Did anyone actually expect this to be enjoyable?

Not impressed at all. Not bad per se....but still not impressed.

I could care less about the invasion from the Supremeverse. The only thing I was interested in was a piece of Ben's rock-skin falling off.

Other than that....meh.

2/5

I liked it. I give it a 3/5 but I think it will pick up. I think project pegasus will come in to play later. Why else would they be shown?

No one - and I mean NO ONE - draws hotties batter than Land.

On that alone, I give this issue 3/5.

Now to Bendis . . . Get on with it! The dialogue was too much.

And didn't Reed & Ben give up on "curing" Ben after the Zombie & Time Travel trouble?

On that alone, I give this issue 3/5.
Get a girlfriend.

Now to Bendis . . . Get on with it! The dialogue was too much.

And didn't Reed & Ben give up on "curing" Ben after the Zombie & Time Travel trouble?
That's why I wondered where this was taking place.

Eh... i give it a 2/5. This issue seemed really rushed to start off with and was really dialogue heavy... and if you think about it every storyline regarding the UFF is gonna be linked to Ben Grims condition and Reeds half-*** attempt to get him back to normal... i think reed should just give up like his 616 counter part. With thta said, Land's art work was the best thing out this book.

Maybe that comment the brunette made, made Reed feel guilty because he saw how sad Ben was thus creating a new spark under Reed ***.

But if he's still dating Alicia Masters he shouldn't feel alone.

Stupid chronologic.

Stupid chronologic.

From the way everyone's acting in this... I would imagine it takes place before that UFF arc.

Edit: I'm just being stupid now. They mentioned the zombies...

Last edited:

But does he have to draw them in such unflattering outfits? Ugh. Just leafing through the early pages of the issue, I was afraid I was going to get more of a "show" than I wanted.

This one stays on the "trade-wait list".

Stupid chronologic.

I disagree... Being called a freak isn't ever a positive thing, and when you have the insecurities Ben Grimm does, having a girlfriend isn't going to stop you for thinking he's a horrible freak of nature. She's blind, for pete's sake, she doesn't see he's a big rock monster, and that's the only reason she fell for him. He's aware of that, and its still ****ty for very attractive snake girl to call you a freak who is going to die alone. Its just fuel for his negative self-image, which ISNT going to disapear now that Ultimate Alicia Masters showed up. I have an annorexic friend who was in a really good relationship, but he still thought he was ugly and couldnt comprehend why his partner liked him... Ben's in a similar position. He was suicidally depressed just a few issues ago, Alicia is a sign that things might get better, but unless there's been a miniseries I've missed where she and him have helped him get over his image problems, this isn't a continuity error.

You're just picking at threads. This fits into continuity just fine...

Also: I liked the issue. It was a good start, and I'm going to enjoy picking up the rest of the series... The pace seems fine for a nine-issue miniseries.

3.9(just short of 4)/5

I disagree... Being called a freak isn't ever a positive thing, and when you have the insecurities Ben Grimm does, having a girlfriend isn't going to stop you for thinking he's a horrible freak of nature. She's blind, for pete's sake, she doesn't see he's a big rock monster, and that's the only reason she fell for him. He's aware of that, and its still ****ty for very attractive snake girl to call you a freak who is going to die alone. Its just fuel for his negative self-image, which ISNT going to disapear now that Ultimate Alicia Masters showed up. I have an annorexic friend who was in a really good relationship, but he still thought he was ugly and couldnt comprehend why his partner liked him... Ben's in a similar position. He was suicidally depressed just a few issues ago, Alicia is a sign that things might get better, but unless there's been a miniseries I've missed where she and him have helped him get over his image problems, this isn't a continuity error.

Also: I liked the issue. It was a good start, and I'm going to enjoy picking up the rest of the series... The pace seems fine for a nine-issue miniseries.

3.9(just short of 4)/5

Well said and I can relate because my relationship is kinda like that. My boyfriend can't understand why I like him so much. It's weird and very aggravating.

3.9(just short of 4)/5

Freak. :p

But you do have a valid point.

I really really like the art. Some of the best ive seen.

gorgeous art (well it's land so it's not all his it's partially his favorite magazines)

intrigueing story

good characterization

but for some reason this didn't jump out at me at all i noticed some canon mistakes things chip was not the first time something has broke his hide it just happened in UFF and this is supposed to take place after ultimates 3 right? or is it after U2? it would make alot more sense if it was after U2 or maybe just prior to the end anyway

over all i have to give it a 3/5 it was actually kind of boring

Any issue that reveals Ultimate Quasar is gold. :lol:

But all diddly aside, not bad. Same way that Ultimate Six started; good art, mostly talking and set-up.

Glad to see they took the high road when Reed sent his probes into the zones. M-zone, N-zone... no O-zone? :wink:

Latest posts

Back