Astonishing X-Men discussion (spoilers)

Re: Astonishing X-Men - series discussion (spoilers)

Hibiki said:
So why is she in Deadly genesis?

Why is she in any X-Men story? She just is. She exists in the present now.

The more cynical answer is that without Jean Grey being around, she is Jean Grey.

Damn I just read Wikipedia and it doesn't say that at all. it says her and Cable are the children of Cyke and Jean. Then they get thrown to the future for some reason. Oh, and that she's from the Days of Future Past storyline where she falls in love with Frank Richards. I just read Xorn too and I think they make Kang look like an easy read(timestream wise).

Hibiki said:
Damn I just read Wikipedia and it doesn't say that at all. it says her and Cable are the children of Cyke and Jean. Then they get thrown to the future for some reason. Oh, and that she's from the Days of Future Past storyline where she falls in love with Frank Richards. I just read Xorn too and I think they make Kang look like an easy read(timestream wise).
Cable is definitely the child of Madelyne and Scott. It happened after Jean died for the first time and Madelyne seduced Scott. They had Cable and sent him into the future in the hopes that they would be able to cure his techno virus. Jean came back and Madelyne was outed.

I don't even care anymore, this is getting to be confusing. I just hope Wolvie snaps out of being a little girl soon.

thee great one said:
There is no continutity like X-men continuity.
I love that. It says everything that needs to be said about any X-Men story ever. May I use that as my signature?

MaxwellSmart said:
I love that. It says everything that needs to be said about any X-Men story ever. May I use that as my signature?

Dude....don't ask permission....just ****in' take it!!!! Claim that sentence as your sig and rock it like a champ!!!!

Pillage and plunder...

Victor Von Doom said:
Dude....don't ask permission....just ****in' take it!!!! Claim that sentence as your sig and rock it like a champ!!!!

Pillage and plunder...
I'm sorry I forgot we don't think to consider feeling of other here. My bad.

MaxwellSmart said:
I'm sorry I forgot we don't think to consider feeling of other here. My bad.

You might. Doom does as he pleases...........at least until admonished by a mod.

But I'll have my revenge. :twisted:

By the way.......I'm so not looking forward to Kitty saving the day. In my mind she will always be a secondary character and will never be a main player. The writers of course think differently.

See???? I'm on topic. :D

Last edited:

Victor Von Doom said:
By the way.......I'm so not looking forward to Kitty saving the day. In my mind she will always be a secondary character and will never be a main player. The writers of course think differently.
It annoys me that it's so blatant. Yes, she's a ninja. But God, she's such a hideous Mary Sue under Whedon it's not funny. She's perfect and special and even most of her flaws come back to benefit her in the end, and it annoys me.

I see Kitty coming back and saving a couple of X-Men who were taken out by the Hellfire club. I then see Emma taking out Kitty and then Colossus takes out Emma in a rage. I would definitely be pissed if Kitty went around and kick everyone *** out of the Mansion.

MaxwellSmart said:
I see Kitty coming back and saving a couple of X-Men who were taken out by the Hellfire club. I then see Emma taking out Kitty and then Colossus takes out Emma in a rage. I would definitely be pissed if Kitty went around and kick everyone *** out of the Mansion.
I have hope that it might be something like that. Hope. No faith though. I almost suspect that Emma will turn on the Club too, for Scott.

Caduceus said:
I have hope that it might be something like that. Hope. No faith though. I almost suspect that Emma will turn on the Club too, for Scott.
Since this is before Civil War and she's still around in Civil War, I think that's what's going to have to happen. Unless she screws with everyone's minds after the Hellfire Club loses, but then it would really just be the countdown to the end for her.

MaxwellSmart said:
Since this is before Civil War and she's still around in Civil War, I think that's what's going to have to happen. Unless she screws with everyone's minds after the Hellfire Club loses, but then it would really just be the countdown to the end for her.
See I hadn't placed it, in Civil War or not.

What I'm still wondering about in this arc is how SWORD, Ord and Danger are all going to tie up. That's the interesting part, rather than the so far fairly cliched main story.

thee great one said:
There is no continutity like X-men continuity.

I love it.

Really? Then you'd get a kick out of Transformers.....

For those of you saying the Collosus vs Shaw fight was stupid, considering how many times they've gone against eachother in the past, I have a feeling it was completely intentional on Whedons part. I mean, Shaw even says himself, something along the lines of it being strange Pete doesn't remember.

Could it be that this isn't the Colossus we all knew and loved? I'd really love it if this was the real deal, but what if he isn't?

As for the Logan moment, it took another forum to make me realise it was something of a reference/jab at Origin, and the personality of James(now Logan) back then.

All in all, a very good issue. So it's all been done before. Find me a comic, movie or book that doesn't follow some tried and tested formula, at least loosely. The beauty isn't necessarily in what happens, but how it happens. It's in the details.

Perhaps the worst thing about this comic is that I'm even collecting it. I hate the state of the X universe, and have for a long time. Even Brubaker doesn't seem to be changing my mind on that matter. But godamnit, Whedon had to come along and write a fantastic X book. Damn your eyes, for making hypocrites of a lot of us.

Fuzzy Birds said:
Could it be that this isn't the Colossus we all knew and loved? I'd really love it if this was the real deal, but what if he isn't?

I would have preferred more clues if that were the case.

Unless maybe we had them and I (not exactly being an X-Men expert) didn't recognize them.

E said:
I would have preferred more clues if that were the case.

Unless maybe we had them and I (not exactly being an X-Men expert) didn't recognize them.
There was nothing blatant, but you wouldn't really expect it, with Whedon. I'm vaguely suspecting that he's going to be the "Destroyer of Worlds" or whatever it's called that the Breakworld is all about, solely because I can see Whedon writing something about how Colossus is alive or...whatever he may be because Ord was sent, because his people foresaw that someone would destory them.

Prohpecy that's fulfilled because it's prophecy and prophecy must be fulfilled isn't a brand new idea, but I think Whedon could do it.

Latest posts

Back