Uncanny X-men Thread (spoilers)

Re: Uncanny X-men - series discussion (spoilers)

ProjectX2 said:
Brubaker? Doing 12 issues? Making the X-Men cool again?

Sold.

This was a great first issue. I liked how he used the flashbacks. I'm looking forward to the rest of this.

I like Astonishing and Uncanny. I hear X-Factor is good. X-Men might be good, but not too interested in Carey. Could mutants be finally on a good rise?
Add New X-Men to the list, that's an interesting series right now.

ProjectX2 said:
I like Astonishing and Uncanny. I hear X-Factor is good. X-Men might be good, but not too interested in Carey. Could mutants be finally on a good rise?
X-Factor seems to be good, but sort of only if you're already a fan of the characters. If you don't really give a stuff about them, you're unlikely to find it as enthralling. It's decently, but not spectacularly written, which puts it a few pegs above a lot of the other current X-men stuff.

Ed Brubaker said:
So, when sitting down to decide about X-Men, I remembered some Grant Morrison quote from when he was taking over the book. He said something like, just because it's the biggest book in comics doesn't mean it can't be the coolest, too. Or something. And I thought about that, and just said, well, why can't it be a great space opera sci-fi mutant superhero epic? I'm not Grant Morrison, I probably won't completely redefine what the X-books mean, but I can probably tell a few great X-Men stories, I hope. And writing this book, Uncanny, it's a bit humbling, but a lot of fun at the same time.

I love Ed Brubaker.

What about 476?

I read this right after Deadly Genesis and bizarrly the Apocalypse trade with Polaris on the run. So it fit very well. It is such a good time to be an X-men fanatic.

The art is great and the character interaction. I thought Warpath was Vulcan. I was was pretty wrong on that one.

I am so looking forward to more. It didn't hit me that Vulcan is Rachael's and Cable's uncle. This is werid.

I would read this just for Brubaker, but seeing that it is a huge crossover with other (horrible) X-books, I think I'll pass. It's not worth it to get 1/4th of the story or whatever.

E said:
I would read this just for Brubaker, but seeing that it is a huge crossover with other (horrible) X-books, I think I'll pass. It's not worth it to get 1/4th of the story or whatever.

What crossover? This is all on it's own.

thee great one said:

What crossover? This is all on it's own.

Hmmm...maybe I misunderstood those ads appearing in all the Marvel books.

So this story is 12 issues long, running only in Uncanny?

Yessir.

And Brubaker has expressed interest in staying with the title until he no longer feels he is doing it justice.

(in other words, the 12 part arc is just the beginning).

E said:
Hmmm...maybe I misunderstood those ads appearing in all the Marvel books.

So this story is 12 issues long, running only in Uncanny?
Yes, it's 12 issues of Uncanny, and it's a continuation of Deadly Genesis, also written by Brubaker.

Last edited:

Dr.Strangefate said:
Yessir.

And Brubaker has expressed interest in staying with the title until he no longer feels he is doing it justice.

(in other words, the 12 part arc is just the beginning).
From what little Brubaker I've read, I can tell that him staying on an X-Men book can only help them as a whole.

Last edited:

thee great one said:
I read this right after Deadly Genesis and bizarrly the Apocalypse trade with Polaris on the run. So it fit very well. It is such a good time to be an X-men fanatic.

The art is great and the character interaction. I thought Warpath was Vulcan. I was was pretty wrong on that one.

I am so looking forward to more. It didn't hit me that Vulcan is Rachael's and Cable's uncle. This is werid.
* tunes his banjo *

Its about time an X-Book had a writer who wants to put down roots...

Just read #475. Me likey. Me likey a lot. I cannot say enough good things about Brubaker. I haven't been a big X-Man fan since I got back into comics but I read the Apocalypse arc and wiki'd the Deadly Genesis....and I was able to follow this greatly. But then again, with a great writer, you should always be able to follow.

The art seemed very "Finch-ish" to me. Not exactly what I would've picked...but with Brubaker's writing, you want an artist who doesn't overshadow the writing with flashy colors and big fast moving explosions. Good stuff really.

Can't wait to read more.

Baxter said:
* tunes his banjo *

:lol:

Dude...I love that inbred joke you made in the other thread was awesome.....and so true.

Iceman1906 -- When the X-Men return from space, will Warpath seek out Siryn to pursue a relationship again or at least show his concern for her considering her father's death?

EB -- Who says he's coming back from space? Who says any of them are?

Iceman1906 -- When the X-Men return from space, will we see what happened to the Blandling family who adopted Havok as a child?

EB -- Why do you think they're all returning from space?
Uh....

Jap15 -- Do you plan to use the mansion as a base of operations after the X-Men's eventual return?

EB -- Yeah.

Ms Faded -- What is one X-Men character you'd love to resurrect and why?

EB -- Jean Grey, because they won't let me.
:lol:

Charles littlesky – What was the roster when you were first introduced to the X-Men? Are they your favorite incarnation of the team or did a later/earlier one replace them?

EB -- My first issue was 99, which I bought off the rack at a 7-11, so whoever that was, the early classic team, I guess. My favorite line-up is actually the original one. I love Iceman and Angel.
:rockon:

Latest posts

Back